My family and I made it back to my alma mater, Auburn University, a couple weekends ago. It was my parents first time visiting on a game weekend, so we wanted to make sure to show them everything the town has to offer!
When visiting a town you know and love, you always have a list of places you want to see again, foods you must eat and things you want to do before you leave.
Here is my list of MUST-DO things when visiting Auburn University:
- Drink a lot of coffee, just like you’re back in college (My favorite coffee shops are the Coffee Cat, and Rosshouse Coffee.)
- Take a picture in front of Samford Hall, the War Eagle sign on Samford Ave.
- Eat brunch at The Hound. I have also heard that Lucy’s is great for brunch too!
- Enjoy happy hour on the rooftop at SkyBar Cafe (drinks specials are 7-9) There is also live music at 11!
- Drink a lemonade from Toomer’s Drugs (My family loves the vanilla lemonade!)
- Tour the football locker room. If it’s a game weekend, there are free locker room tours on Fridays.
- Attend a Football game and tailgate on campus
- Visit a bookstore, and buy a souvenir (My favorite bookstore is the one on located on campus.)
- Shop at the boutiques downtown (My favorite shops are Auburn Art, Wrapsody, and Behind the Glass)
*Don’t forget to look at the sky during sunset. It’s one of the best sunsets I’ve seen in my life. The entire sky lights up in orange and blue.
Where did you go to college? What is one of your must-do’s when you go back to visit?
Now, I’m going to try to pack for my upcoming trip to Europe! The last time I was on vacation in Europe was almost two years ago! Read all about my favorite trip to date HERE.
I hope y’all are having a great weekend.