It is still cold and gloomy in North Carolina and New York. Imma bout over it.
Yesterday I had a hard time commuting up to work. Long story short. If you saw a flight attendant in the Atlanta airport, crying hysterically, on the phone with her mom, that was moi.
But then I saw on Instagram a message from @panchamiblogs. She had read my blog and nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy. For me it meant that all of my hard work was actually being noticed! So thank you Panchami. Everyone should go check her blog out. She lives in Dubai, how cool! —–> http://panchamiblogs.com
Rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What is happiness to you? Woah, starting off with a loaded question. Happiness to me is spending quality time with my family, and best friends. I’m happy when I can feel the warm sunshine on my skin. I’m happy when I’m sitting on my couch, with my husband and pup, fully engulfed in a new Netfilx show. Overall, I think it takes practice to be a happy person. Your mind, words, and actions must all align. Satan does an amazing job of of letting you become overwhelmed with stress, negativity and judgement. You forget to focus on your happiness. To be happy you can’t let your words, actions and thoughts contradict. Just focus on your overall goal!
- What is one country you love visiting? Ireland! The countryside is gorgeous. The people are so nice, and I LOVE Irish music.
- Whats your comfort food? Definitley, french fries. Specifically, Chic-fil-A waffle fries with Chic-fil-A sauce.
- What is your greatest inspiration in life? God. With Him, all things are possible. Without Him, life is uncertain.
- If you could choose any superpower what would it be? To be able to apparate! (any Happy Potter fans out there?) I would love to be able to just appear in New York for work at a moments notice, or just go visit my family and friends for a day, without the hassle of travelings.
- What are your top five blogging necessities? My daily planner, a journal, a camera, spell check, and Instagram (which is how I met a lot of my blogging buddies!)
- As a child, what did you dream of doing for a living? Honestly, I changed my mind, A LOT. But I specifically remember a project in the 5th grade, where we had to design a home or business floor plan. I loved it, so for a while I wanted to be an architect. But also I dreamed of being a teacher, an interior designer, an artist, and a singer. P.S. I can’t sing.
- Do you collect anything? I collect Christmas ornaments from places I have visited. It is fun to try to find one in every new city.
- What is one interesting thing about you, that people don’t know? I have drank a gallon of milk in one hour. Yay me. I’ve done it once, and will never do it again.
- What is your typical weekend like? With my job, every weekend is different. I do work most weekends though. So, I’m probably on a plane or sleeping in a hotel. So exciting.
- What do you love most about blogging? I love having something to work on during my layovers. I do love my alone time but overall, my job can be lonely. I’m am also not a big TV watcher, so I was getting stir crazy during my down time. Blogging has become a great way for me to pass time while away from home, and relive stress.
Here are my nominees for the award:
- Ashlen Fulten- The Chic AF
- Gabriela Fittipaldi- Faithfully, Fearless, and Caffinated
- Jordan- The Teacup of Style
- Hillary Padavich- Blondies Highlights
- Julie Plagens- Mom Remade
- Klaudia Sloma- Life by Klaudia
- Brooke Alderman- Smiles & Stripes
- Verena- Postcards from V
- Anna Maximovich- Alive with Anna
- Madison Pratt- Madison Pratt
- Brooke Herbert- The Chiro Mama
Questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start blogging? Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- Spring, summer, autumn, or winter?
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is your go-to store to shop at for clothing?
- What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day?
- What destination in the U.S. would you like to visit next?
- What are five beauty products you can’t live without?
- What cities or towns have you lived in?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
- Do you own any pets?
Now go check out the bloggers above! And be nice to people.