Around the holidays, I was breaking out, a lot! I blame the stressful holiday flights and delicious Christmas cookies, but that is neither here, nor there.
When the New Year came, I was determined to develop a daily skincare routine and stick to it! I did a lot of research on the proper care for treating your face and learned about many different products. It basically comes down to…
- First, find a face wash that works for you.
- Then, if your face is oily, apply a toner.
- Next, treat wrinkles/pores/age spots/etc. (if desired)
- Last but not least, moisturize and apply SPF.
I have been consistent with the same routine, and I have noticed such a huge improvement in my skin. It has also become a great way to relax! Below is a detailed version of my routine and some of my product recommendations.
(If you stop reading here, my #1 recommendation is to invest in a cleansing brush. You will immediately see and feel a difference in your face. I HIGHLY recommend the Vanity Planet Facial Brush. It is relaxing, and easy to use. You can even use it in the shower to save time!)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Cleanse– I use Main Squeeze from Vanity Planet. It is a gentle facewash, that leaves your face feeling fresh. I recommended to clean your face twice a day, first thing in the morning, and after you take your makeup off at night.
- Exfoliate– I apply the face wash to my facial brush, set it on my desired speed, and let the brush do all the work. The Ultimate Skin Spa from Vanity Planet is battery operated and has two different speeds. It is also water proof, so you can take it in the shower with you to save time. The brush comes with 3 different intercahngable brush heads. My favorite is the exfoliating brush head. The first time I used it, I felt like it was the first time I had ever actually washed my face!
- Tone- If you have oily skin, this may be the most important step! Toner helps to remove dirt, oil and make-up, while also tightening your pores and exfoliating the dead skin cells. I use Burt’s Bees Garden Tomato Toner because it is reasonably priced, and all natural.
- Treat- I am always changing up my products in this step. So find a product that targets what your main goal is, whether it is anti-aging, skin brightening or minimizing scars, use it twice a day, in the morning and at night time. As of right now I am using a product from Nordstrom. It is Clinique’s Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum.
- Moisturize- I love all of Mario Badescu skincare products. But this moisturizer is a must-have. It is lightweight, non-greasy and even has SPF in it to protect you from the sun all day long. It is the perfect size for traveling too.
- Face Mask- A face mask, is a great to help unwind and relax. I try to apply a mask at least 1-2 times a week. But it all depends on you! I love Vanity Planets Wild Woman Clay Mask. It is made for oily skin, and helps to draw out impurities. GOODBYE PIMPLES!
Now, take 5 minutes and go wash your face! You deserve a little bit of self-care time each day. You will not regret it.